Re: ISDN issues - basic-net3 posted 08/15/2000

Hi,

no, with basic-net3 you don't need the spids.

Q.921 is basically the ISDN Layer-2
and Q.931 is the Layer-3 protocol of the D-Channel.

With debug q921 you can see the communication of your Router with the local ISDN
switch.
With q931 you can monitor call setup and teardown.

A very good explanation of the ISDN standards can be found in the BCRAN
preparation guide from Catherine Paquet.

Quote from the book:
"Use debug isdn q921 to display data link layer (L2) access procedures that are
taking place at the access router on the D channel (LAPD) of its ISDN inteface.
This command is useful when you want to observe signaling events between the
router and the ISDN switch."

"Use debug isdn q931 to display information about call setup and teardown of
ISDN network connections (Layer3). ... The display information of debug isnd
q931 is limited to the commands and responses exchanged during peer-to-peer
communication carried over the D channel. This debug information does not
include data transmitted over the B channels."

HTH,

Arne