ATM Q's posted 06/28/2000

Guys,

Q1.
--------
I would be very greatful if someone could tell me exactly how cisco handle
traffic
shapping within ATM. Assuming I have a config:

interface ATM6/0.21 point-to-point
 description Athlone
 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252
 ip access-group 156 out
 atm pvc 21 21 206 aal5snap 4096 2048 35 oam 1

I expect to be able to burst to 4096 for 25 cells, but often can this happen
and
also why when I graph it do I see the traffic going to 4096 then almost back
0 again ? No one I have spoken to in the TAC is certain exactly what the
algorythm
is !.

Q2.
---------
Also can someone please tell me there experiences of what ATM WAN provider
take
a megabit to be I am being told 1000kb is a megabit which I dissagree with.
If
you look it up in the dictionary you get a value of 1024k ?

Regards,
Kevin