Re: loop interface in ospf posted 05/22/2000

Not in real networks unless you know exactly what you're doing since
you may end up black holling traffic.

The other way to acheive a similar result is by using summarization.

Kevin

// I tried that LOOPBACK INTERFACE's route is advertised out as host route, whose mask is 255.255.255.255 .After I tried to change the loop interface to IP OSPF NETWORK POINT-TO-POINT, The mask changed to what I configured. Should I always do that? Is there any other way to do that?