Re: ASET Training posted 05/09/2000

Good advice. Additionally, and I can not stress this next point enough. Don't just get through the scenarios, understand them inside and out. Setup each scenario to work correctly then debug the crap out of it. Put in errors to see what the result turns out to be then fix it to see how long the fix takes to initiate, whether you have to reboot the router or not, ect....I am not talking so much about the ASET lab, but in general. I too, went to the ASET program. The scenarios are not bad, but they do not have the gotcha's that the real lab has. Good luck and let us all know how you do!!

Ron Panus
CCIE 5823

From: "Ryan B" <rbenigno@xxxxxxxx>
To: "John Conzone" <jkconzone@xxxxxxxx>, "ccielab" <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ASET Training
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 14:07:07 -0700

The actual scenario he'll give you isn't as hard as the real lab, the real lab is much more "tricky". But he'll have some good information for you and it's defiantly worth going to... Don't expect much in the way of ATM or Voice (he may let you play with voice equipment, but when I was up there a few weeks ago he had just received it).

Go through every scenario you can get your hands on!!