RE: Is the major sick? posted 01/25/2000

	Greetings to all,
	I am fairly new to the list, but have been lurking for a little
while. I certainly have not noticed the list being unresponsive.
Quick Backgound: I have a few years in various forms of internetworking (Any
Bisync / SDLC / X.25 types out there?) I have crashed and burned twice at
the San Jose lab, however, I will be returning there soon. (This time to
pass.)
	I would like to congratulate all the new CCIE's !!! And thank
everyone on the list. You all have given me plenty to think about and try,
especially those things I thought I knew.

	I also would like to contribute the following: In the Little Black
Book appendix, it shows a clever means of using Aux ports to generate
multiple Frame-Relay ports which function as a single switch. The book shows
a 38,400 bps connection which is as fast as the Cisco Aux ports are capable.
However, the same configruration between two Access Servers on the Async
ports can be made to run at 115,200 bps.
	For example:
			(S0)/(s1) 2512(Port 1) ----- (2512 Octopus cable)
----- (Port 1) AS2511-RJ (S0)

	Do be aware that the IOS versions are important. I have this setup
running on 11.2(x) The 2512 will run on pretty much on any c2500-xx-L
version, whereas, the AS2511-RJ uses a platform specific release, on which
Frame-Relay tunneling in not supported in any version except the Enterprise
version C2500-J-L 11.2(x)P. Appearently the 11.3(x)T releases should work
for this as well (per Cisco), however, I have not tried them. The same setup
should be usable with other Access Servers, which gives a bit better
response time then the Black Book setup.
	(Might it be possible to generate more F/R ports on other routers
via the other Async ports using this method? Hummmm ...)

	I look forward to hearing more from all who make this list possible,
	Mike