Re: Apple filter question. posted 10/07/1999

Well....
As I understand it, a client requests zone information based on cable ranges it
knows about.
If the cable range is not known, a zone info request never gets sent for for
the cable range in question.

This gets even funnier went a zone spans two cable ranges and only one of the
cable ranges is filtered.
By default the zone will be filtered across both cable ranges unless the router
is configured for "partial-zones"

That's the way I understand it.

Scott