VLANs and IPs [1:18164] posted 11/13/2006

I have a question that I just can't get my head around and no documentation
seems to be clear. Do VLANs need to be different IP subnets? For example if
I have 1 network and have everyone on a 192.168.1.0/24 network can I have
multiple VLANs in this network? IF not how do dynamic VLANs work? If I have
different subnets but I have a user that is in a Dynamic VLAN but connects
to another IP subnet how would they connect back to the IP subnet with the
original IPs if they have a different subnet without needing to do inter
VLAN routing which would defeat the purpose of VLANs no? Any insight would
be appreciated.

Thanks

Curt