RE: collision window [1:8710] posted 04/02/2002

It will depend on the number of stations on the segment.  Whether they
transmit data at 10 or 100 or 1000 Mbps is irrelevant.  What determines the
collision rate is the number of stations transmitting on the segment.  The
more stations you have, the greater the contention for the medium and so
there is a greater chance of collision.  The fewer stations you have the
less contention for the medium and the less chance for collision.

G.