RE: UNEMPLOYMENT % FOR CCNA? [1:7041] posted 01/05/2002

I have to very much agree with this.
You can't be a 'techie' forever :-)
Eventually you have to make your way into management, and in that case, the
higher the education, the better off you will be.

How many 40 - 60 year old network engineers do you see?

Even 10 years seems too many.
I think the best bet is to get some great experience for the first 5 - 7
years, and then make sure you are in a company that has plenty of upward
mobility.

I know people that were great engineers, but got screwed because of a lack
of formal education.
A companies requirements for hiring their 'techies' is going to be much
different than their requirements for hiring and promoting management.

Just my opinion.
   Regards,