Re: UNEMPLOYMENT % FOR CCNA? [1:7041] posted 01/05/2002

Without a college degree one will never get into management and ALL
current technologists will top out in their field eventually.
At some point in your career your experience will begin to be a
detriment, you'll be too expensive to hire when some 19 year old kid
is perfectly willing to do the job for half of what you earn.
The most successful career path is network technologists for 10 or so
years followed by a transition into MIS/CIO field. Those who fail this
transition fail because of ageism and lack of demonstrable business
backround. Don't sell yourself short bu thinking that keeping current
with certs is the solution to earning a living.

PS- my wife is a PhD, holds patents, and is one of the top 10
researchers in the world in the field of cellular adhesion . She
*does* know it all.